Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to the promotion of youth health and development. Our office is located at 17 Lawal Street, off Oweh Street, in the Jibowu-Yaba area of Lagos Mainland.
We are pleased to call for applications to our annual Youth Skills Development Programme. This is a salaried one-year internship programme that engages fresh secondary school leavers aged 16-19 years, to serve as Youth Programme Assistants within the organization. The programme provides them the opportunity to develop the core competencies and skills required for transition from adolescence to a healthy and productive adulthood with particular focus on the following competencies:
- Self Organisation and Time Management;
- Interpersonal Communication & Public Speaking;
- ICT Proficiency and Office Administration;
- Personal Health Management;
- Community Development Activities.
Participants in the upcoming programme will have the opportunity to work at AHI from December 2017 – December 2018 and certificates will be issued to them on successful completion of the programme.
Eligible applicants should:
- Be between 16-19 years old;
- Have a minimum of five (5) O’ Level Credits including Mathematics and English Language in the SSCE or NECO;
- Demonstrate creativity and ability to use initiative;
- Be committed to working full-time from December 2017 -December 2018;
- Live within close proximity of the Jibowu – Yaba area of Lagos Mainland.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the application form included below or obtain a form at our office.
All applications must be received not later than 27 October, 2017. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email and mobile text messages therefore, applicants are advised to check their emails regularly. When called upon, you will be required to come along with copies of your certificates and a reference letter from your school principal.