Did you know that about 65 percent of your body is made up of water, which is needed to aid psychological processes including : Blood circulation, digestion, regulation of body temperature and waste removal?
Drinking clean water every day is very important to attaining good health. But unfortunately, young people love to drink other fluids like fruit juices and sodas. Largely because of their sugar content, these are not healthy beverages and will not do our bodies much good. Some teens are prone to drinking the so-called energy-boosting brands rather than drinking plain water.
What Is Water Therapy ?
Water therapy is simply a water-based treatment or exercise of therapeutic intent, in particular for relaxation, fitness, and physical rehabilitation.
Getting Started With Water Therapy
Drinking water in the morning is simple to put into practice, and virtually free! However, there are some important rules to remember. The basic protocol recommended by experts is as follows:
Immediately upon waking in the morning, drink 1.5 litres of water, which is equivalent to 5-6 glasses of water.
Do not eat or drink anything else for 1 hour prior to and after drinking the water.
Do not consume any alcoholic beverages the night before.
At first, it may be difficult to drink 1.5 litres of water at one time; however, your body will gradually get accustomed to the protocol.
When starting out, you may want to make it easier by modifying the protocol slightly, as follows:
Drink 4 glasses, then pause for 2 minutes, then drink the last 2 glasses.
It goes without saying that the better the quality of water you consume, the better the results you’ll experience from water therapy.
Benefits of Drinking Water
- Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue –drinking water helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. You will also be energized!
- Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating portions, reduces appetite, raises your digestion and has zero calories!
- Flushes Out Contaminants – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
- Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles.
- Prevents constipation – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
- Boosts Immune System – A water consumer is less likely to get sick. Drinking plenty of water helps your body cells fight flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
- Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by thirst.
- Prevents Cramps & Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more flexible so joint pain is less likely.
- Puts you in a Good Mood – drinking water keep the body functioning at its best, making you feel great!
- Save Money! – Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high-sugar or fat-filled drink.